Saturday, June 13, 2009

Grandeur Peak from Church Fork in Mill Creek Canyon


Planned on an 'easy' hike with Ione, Bean and Ione's friend Jon. It was a little more of a climb than I expected but the cool weather helped get me to the top. Since it was off-leash day in Mill Creek Canyon the trail was thick with dogs, Bean made many new friends. I was feeling the previous day's hike in my legs on the way up. We starting getting some rain and put on jackets (except Bean, he wore his coat the whole way) for the final half mile or so. The trail was mostly smooth red soil with a few talus crossings and could of knee-high scrambles over bedrock. I was expecting very low visibility from the peak with all the rain, clouds and mist. We were very happy to have a great vista from the summit. The rail cleared out just about the time we got there. After chatting with a few other grounps at the top, a cold air mass moved in and chilled us. We departed quickly, I had to stay back to shoot a quick panorama. The trip down went by quickly, lot more dogs and more muddy.

GPS Tracks: kml gpx
View track in Google Maps

No comments: