Sunday, August 3, 2008

Mount Timpanogos from Aspen Grove


I climbed Timpanogos today. I wasn't sure if I was going to go all the way up. I planned to at least go to Emerald Lake but I packed for a trip to the summit. If I felt good I could continue on to the saddle and then the summit if the goodness persisted. I arrived at Emerald lake at 9:05am so I continued on. The saddle was further than it looked but once there I could help but attempt the summit. I took my time and arrived there before the big crowd. There were only a few hikers on the peak when I got there but I passed at least 30 on my way down to the saddle. While on the peak I ate lunch and chatted with a woman named Trisha. She told me about the Wasatch Mountain Club which organizes hikes every weekend. I'll have to check in on that idea.
The trip down took a lot longer than I expected, it was quite hot and there was little breeze for a lot of the descent. I was holding up dinner so I ended up jogging most of the last mile which is mostly paved with asphalt.
Up
 6:00am -  6790ft: Aspen Grove Trailhead
 9:05am - 10040ft: Emerald Lake
10:20am - 11140ft: The Saddle 
11:12am - 11725ft: The Summit
Down
12:18pm - 11725ft: Depart Summit
 4:44pm -  6790ft: Arrive Trailhead
GPS Tracks: kml gpx
Photos: Flickr

No comments: